Tomorrow is the International Day of Happiness and I just couldn’t help myself. Here are some memoirs that make me happy:
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure by Rachel Friedman
- I Have Iraq in My Shoe: Misadventures of a Soldier of Fashion by Gretchen Berg
- The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I’m Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog by Jen Lancaster
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling
I hadn’t actually heard of this international celebration until I was prepping for this Memoir Monday but it instantly made me think of the memoirs that have made me happiest over the years. Sure, there are others but these are special. These are memoirs that made me laugh until I cried at least once. Okay, there’s one more but I figured putting both Jenny Lawson books would be overkill. If I’m having a bad day or with someone who just isn’t entertained by books, it only takes three seconds of a Jenny Lawson audiobook to cheer me right up. Or The Tao of Martha and her husband with his hands in his pockets. Love them!