I’m not one for straight up romance stories, but I do love a little romance in any story. In my reading, I’ve come across a few adorable romances between LGBT characters and one not so adorable romance. Here they are:
- First Kisses and Other Misfortunes by Kimberly Karalius
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- The Terracotta Bride by Zen Cho
- Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
- The Tale of Yin by Joyce Chng
To be honest, most of these fall under the short variety of story but their romances were adorable and therefore appropriate for this list. As a bonus, here’s a book with an LGBT romance that is not adorable but passionate and insane and complicated along with the rest of the plot that surrounds it – The Girl in the Road by Monica Byrne. That one messed with my brain.
Anyway, if you’re looking for a nice beach read and celebrating National Pride Month, any of these would be an excellent choice. Since several are short, I’d take more than one.